Thursday, June 6, 2013

BSC patch 2.2.2: Rule changes

I've made a couple of small but significant rule changes to my commission contest.

Last time, if you remember, I only answered a couple of questions that I got over the weekend.  This time, however, there's going to be a couple of changes that should help the artists to put their best foot forward when it comes to the boss selecting the rough draft that will get the commission and go on to completing the finished work based on the rough draft. 

* The due date for submitting the rough drafts is now moved up to Friday, June 21.  However, if we are still getting artists who wish for more time, then we will then go back to the original Friday, June 28th date.  June 28th will be the final, hard date to submit your rough drafts.  And dudes, seriously - this due date is for rough drafts, not the finished work, so you can put pencil to paper easy!

Anyway, come Wednesday, June 19th, I'll be putting out the "last call" for rough draft submissions for artists who are interested in participating in my contest, but for whatever reason, haven't submitted yet.  I'll be putting out this call both on my blog and on FB, and you can contact me via FB or my e-mail (bustyherochick@yahoo.com) to let me know that you are still interested in participating in my contest and will be submitting your rough draft very soon.  If I get enough responses to my "last call", then we'll move the due date from the 21st to the 28th. 

Now on to the next rule change!

* Initially, both the boss and I were going to look over all the rough drafts and then make the choice of which artist wins and gets the $125 commission.  However, I talked him into letting me make one small change, and that is this: He won't be seeing the rough drafts until AFTER the due date (whether it's the 21st or the 28th).  That's to allow me time to look over the drafts myself, and then to make comments to the artists on suggested small changes or tweaks to the rough draft to look its very best to the boss when it's time for him to look at them.

In other words I'm helping you to make it hard for the boss to pass you over and pick someone else!  I know the boss' thinking, and I can see into his mind (just think of Toon Town from the movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?", and you'll get an idea of what it's like in the boss' head).

Now, I know what you're going to say:  Your finished work is going to be awesome, and it will put your rough draft to shame.  While I don't doubt that, at the same time, you will still need to impress the boss with the rough draft.  That's because with all but one of you, the rough draft is all that the boss is going to see from you, so you can't afford to look past this stage! 

Do remember, though, that it is a ROUGH draft, so it's supposed to be quick and messy and without a lot of detail.  However, it's still very important, because it's meant to be a guide to how the final work will look; in other words, it will be how you "sell" what you plan to do.  So when I send my comments about your rough drafts, please take my suggestions to heart, because again, I am trying to help you make the best impression possible with the boss.

 Anyway, those are the changes.  Feel free to ask me anything else related to this contest, and good luck to everyone!  :-)

No comments: